Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Easy Chicken Parmesan Alfredo With Cheese Biscuits



Let me just start off by saying I really don't know what these pictures look like. They might look totally awful. I know they are of the pasta dish I made, but that's about it. Our monitor is in flashy, flashy mode right now and we have to get a new one, so I can barely see anything on it.

I came up with this simple dish after having something similar at Ruby Tuesday. It's the best thing I've eaten there so I wanted to recreate it at home. I think I came close. Theirs has a parmesan cream sauce and I just used alfredo, but it's all good. I also took a short cut with the chicken and used the Tyson breaded patties. Next time I will add a little dried oregano or basil over the top for a bit more spice. Overall, I think it turned out well and the whole family liked it.
Laci helped make cheese biscuits to go with. Those are always yummy. You can get the recipes below.


Easy Parmesan Chicken Alfredo
1 16 oz. box of ziti
1 26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1 jar alfredo sauce
frozen breaded chicken patties( I used Tyson)
oregano
shredded mozzarella

Heat all or some of the chicken patties(according to how many you want to feed)in the oven according to package directions. Boil pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat spaghetti sauce and alfredo sauce separately. Drain pasta. Cut chicken pattie into strips. Layer a serving of pasta, a small scoop of alfredo sauce, small scoop of spaghetti sauce, chicken strips, a little shredded mozzarella and sprinkle oregano on top. ** This will make a lot. I just heated up the chicken as I needed it.

Cheese Biscuits
2 c. Bisquick
2/3 c. milk
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1/8 tsp. garlic salt or powder

Heat oven to 450. Mix first 3 ingredients to form a soft dough. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Mix garlic powder and butter ;brush over warm biscuits.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...