Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Funfetti Cookies


The other day Laci and I decided to try out a new cookie recipe, Funfetti Cookies. I like to try out cookie recipes and find new favorites, although I have had some major flops. This one was one of the good ones. I think it is also the easiest and quickest cookie I've ever made. Well, aside from refrigerated cookie dough, but I don't really consider that "making" cookies. Laci and I mixed these up in a matter of a few minutes. These do let you cheat a little by using a Funfetti cake mix. You can also use the Funfetti frosting with sprinkles to top them with. I didn't have that so I just used vanilla frosting and sprinkles I already had. This was Laci's main job. Frost and sprinkle. Mmmmm. They are very good. A party in a cookie! It's really like a sugar cookie with sprinkles in it. Tasty! Although, I think next time I will roll them in sugar before I bake them and see how that turns out. Enjoy!



Funfetti Cookies

1 Funfetti cake mix
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs
1/2 can Funfetti Vanilla Frosting

Heat oven to 375. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir with spoon until thoroughly moistened.(I used my mixer) Shape dough into 1- inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With bottom of glass dipped in flour, flatten to about 1/4 inch thickness. Bake at 375 for 6-10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Spread frosting over warm cookies. Immediately sprinkle each with candy sprinkles from frosting. Let frosting set before storing. Store in a tightly covered container.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...