Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chocolate Chip Treasure Cookies



Can you believe it? I am actually posting today! These summer days are keeping me busy so I haven't blogged much lately. However, yesterday I made these Chocolate Chip Treasure Cookies and wanted to share them with you. I don't know what's up with the pictures, though. The color just looks off. I did take them with the camera on my phone so maybe that's the problem.

This is a recipe I got a couple years ago from My Kitchen Cafe blog,which is now Mel's Kitchen Cafe, but haven't ever gotten around to sharing it on here. These little cookies taste like a magic cookie bar to me. Those are the bars with a layer of graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, nuts and coconut. Then you pour sweetened condensed milk over them and bake! These babies have all of that just in cookie form! Recipe is at end of post.


Chocolate Chip Treasure Cookies
From: Mel's Kitchen Cafe
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 25-30 squares)
1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. butter, room temperature
1 1/3 c. coconut
2 c. (1 pkg.) chocolate chips
1 c. walnuts or pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder. In a large bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk and butter until smooth. Add graham cracker crumb mixture;mix well. Stir in coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...