Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sew Easy Nylon Headbands


Want to turn these $.33 nylon knee highs into a cute head band? You can and it's "sew" easy! These stretchy head bands are great for the flower clips I showed you yesterday. They will also be part of the baby gift I'm giving a friend. They are priced right, too. You can make four headbands for $.66(2 per package) and your time to sew them. I made two of them in ten minutes.

I found a great tutorial for these on the web. You can find it here. She explains it well and shows each step. I did just what she said to and seriously, ten minutes and done!


I made a black and a cream. The color choices are limited with the little $.33 nylons. Basically you have black, cream, dark blue and that tan color. I think they are just so cute and useful. I would have shown them modeled on my daughter's head(she's 2), but she will NOT wear a headband. We're up to about 30 minutes of leaving a flower clip or hairbow in, but no head bands.

I can't wait to make more of these cuties with my daughter, Laci. She wants to do her own clips to wear. Crafty little girl! Teach 'em when their young,right :)


1 comment:

Heidi Boos said...

You definitely can't beat a quick, inexpensive project like this! They turned out cute!, too! Mikayla doesn't wear headbands either, and we're lucky if we can get a ponytail or bow in her hair! I wonder when this might change. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...