Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas To All


I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. One that is filled with family, love and laughter. I am so thankful for the reason we have this holiday, which is Christ the Savior. Let us remember Him at Christmas and throughout the year.


I also wanted to share a few of our Christmas decorations. It's definitely a few since I didn't get pictures taken of everything. Above is my grapevine tree that I've had for years and even with it's slight lean that I have to make straight propped up with a pen top, I still love it. It sits with a NOEL sign I found at Target and my little grouping of fabric snowmen. On the mantel, our stockings are hung with care (thanks to Command Adhesive hooks, gotta love those). The stockings are still my favorite. I got them a couple years ago at Kirkland's and had them embroidered.


Last, but certainly not least are these adorable vintage tags Tammy sent me for Christmas. She made them and they look great.That crafty girl! I just set them on my two black shelves paired with a candle tied with ribbon. I love these! The vintage Christmas scenes on them are so pretty.


On a different note, are you looking for a last minute gift idea or a quick treat to give. Try this Double Fudge Brownie Mix. Just layer the ingredients in a container or bag and attach the directions to make them. Quick, simple and yummy! I love to give mixes for gifts. After all, most people like to eat. I put my mix in a container then printed off the directions and taped it to the top. I topped it off with curling ribbon and a tag.


Double Fudge Brownie Mix
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. chopped pecans
3/4 c. chocolate chips 3/4 c. cocoa powder
3/4 c. all purpose flour

Layer ingredients in a resealable bag or container.

Double Fudge Brownies
1 container Double Fudge Brownie Mix
3/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
3 eggs, slightly beaten

Preheat oven to 325. In a large bowl, cream the butter and eggs. Add Double Fudge Brownie Mix and stir until the mixture is well blended. Spread batter into a lightly greased or sprayed 9x12 pan. Bake 30-40 minutes. Cool in pan. Cut into squares.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...