Monday, June 28, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie


As you know, July 4th is Sunday, so I wanted to take this week to share some ideas for your 4th!
That's the plan anyway. Hopefully I will get to blog everyday to share these fun things with you.

Today I thought I'd share a peanut butter pie with you that would be great for your 4th of July dessert table. I figure you can always do the traditional apple pie and watermelon, which is yummy. Don't get me wrong, I love both of those. Why not add a rich , peanut butter pie to the mix. Have your glass of water nearby because it is sweet and rich with it's chocolate crust, peanut butter filling and peanut butter cups to top it off. Find the recipe below.



Peanut Butter Pie
1/2 c. smooth peanut butter
4 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed
1 Oreo pie crust
2 regular size Reese's Cups, broken apart

In a mixing bowl, whip peanut butter and cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Place Cool Whip in another bowl and fold peanut butter mixture into it.Spoon mixture into pie shell and top with broken up Reese's Cups. Refrigerate pie until firm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...