Thursday, December 10, 2009

Spreading Some Christmas Cheer



Every year The Little Music Studio, where Laci takes piano, visits a local health and rehabilitation center to spread a little Christmas cheer by playing different Christmas music. All of Mrs. Little's students weren't able to attend, but those who did performed very well. We heard renditions of everything from Jingle Bells to God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

This was Laci's first time to play for an audience so she was a bit nervous on the way there, but I guess she got over that pretty quickly. She was the first one to play. Her piece was Jolly Old Saint Nicholas and she played it perfectly! I know. I just sound like a proud mama and I am , but she really did play it just right, hitting all her notes and counting great! All that practice really does pay off.Especially since Mrs. Little said she skipped Laci about 5 lessons so she could play that song. Great job Laci bug!


Of course, I didn't get any pictures of her at the piano like I should have, but here's one of them doing a sing along with the residents there. They seemed to enjoying hearing the music and I even saw some of them singing and humming along to the music. I think it brought a little more happiness to their day and hopefully got them in a Christmasy kind of mood.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...