Thursday, November 4, 2010

Monster Munchies


I know Halloween is over, but I want to share some of the "monster munchies" we had at our party!Maybe you can keep these in mind for next year! Yeah, I know I said I would share them yesterday, but I just couldn't fit in blogging yesterday. Before I share the treats, take a look at my goblins up there. I realized I didn't show a pic of them together. Laci, the skeleton girl;Trent, the 80's rocker(although he didn't have on his outfit or his super cool inflatable guitar. He was feeling very back-in-the-day Bon Jovi,btw!);and Ivy, the nice witch!

Monster Munchy Menu
Frankenstein Fingers
Pumpkin Bites
Mummy Cakes
Monster Munch
Eyeballs
Goblin Goop & Chips
Assorted candy
Moldy Bones & Blood
Swamp Juice


Moldy Bones & Blood. You can find the recipe here. Although for these, instead of using one whole bread stick, I cut each bread stick in half length wise first to make them thinner.


Always a favorite in our house, finger cookies. This year instead of the regular version I make that looks like the fingers have blood(red gel) and jagged fingernails(blanched almonds). I made my friend, Kim's, variation,Frankenstein Fingers. The kids loved them! You can find the recipe on her blog, Kim's Korner, here!

Along with the fingers, I just did a store bought pumpkin cookie, too. Some kids will just not eat those fingers! They are a little creepy!


I made mini cupcakes and piped rows of vanilla icing with my leaf tip to look like a mummy face. The eyes are mini chocolate chips.


Our favorite cheese dip was the goblin goop!I thought that was appropriate since the kids tell me that dip looks like throw up! I know . Gross, right! But it tastes soooooo good! You can find the recipe here!


Also on the menu, were gummy worms and peanut butter cups. I thought I needed some fruit on the menu, so I put some grapes in a dish and called those eyeballs! Yummy! Swamp Juice, green fruit punch, was our party drink. Monster Munch was served in these cute treat holders from Hobby Lobby! I simply added green food coloring to melted butter and mixed it in with the pop corn. I don't think I'll do this one again, though. The kids ate it, but the pop corn sat there and got kind of stale and yuck! This one is off the list!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...