Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Classic Rice Krispy Treat


We LOVE Rice Krispy treats at our house! When their is a pan of these made, you better grab one while you can 'cause they're not gonna last long! I did manage to make them last a couple days so the kids could take a couple for school snack. In my opinion, the homemade Krispy treats are much better than the store bought ones. The packaged ones taste SO much sweeter to me and just not as fresh. Maybe that's just me. Don't get me wrong, my kids would eat packaged or homemade. They don't care. They just love this classic snack, as do I! Get the step by step recipe below.


1. You will need 3 Tbsp. margarine or butter(I like butter), 1 (10 1/2 oz.) pkg. mini marshmallows and 6 cups of Rice Krispy's cereal.(whichever brand you want)


2. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and mixture is smooth.


3. Remove pan from heat. Add the cereal; mix until well coated.


4. Press mixture firmly into a 13x9 pan that has been lightly greased with butter.(I find it helps to rub a little of the butter on my clean hands when I press these down so my hands don't stick)Cool completely; cut into squares.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...