Monday, January 18, 2010

Make Your Own Apothecary Jars


I don't know if you're a fan of apothecary jars, but I think they're so fun to decorate with. I have a couple of them in my bedroom and just added these little babies to my living room decor. I've had my supplies for these for a few weeks, but since we've had frigid temps here in Alabama(of all places) for the past two weeks, I couldn't get outside to paint. So when it got up to a nice 50 degrees the other day, I was all over this project. Love, love, love the way they turned out, seeing as they are handmade from a few different items. I wish I could say this was my sa-weet idea, but it is not.I saw this over at Shanty 2 Chic and just had to try it out. You can see their tutorial by clicking here, but I'll tell you how I made them. So stinkin' easy.


I used an unfinished wooden round base, candle holder and finial. All of those can be found in the unfinished wood section at Hobby Lobby. I also used a medium sized jar that had a silver lid. I spray painted the wooden pieces and silver lid with a few coats of satin black spray paint and then glued it all together with E-6000. All the pieces for both of them cost about $15. Not bad for two custom apothecaries.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...