Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Monogrammed Wall Hanging


Before school was out, I was asked to do a class for our local middle school's 21st Century program. It's basically an after school program where the kids get to do different activities like crafts, horse back riding, exercise and more. The kids (ages 10-13) needed to be able to get everything done within an hour and I was asked to stick to using materials they already had instead of purchasing more. I looked through their stash of craft supplies and this is what I came up with. A monogrammed wall hanging. All of them, even the one boy in the group, loved having their monogram on something they could hang up.

I used a 12x12 sheet of textured card stock and then layered a coordinating color, green in this case,over the top. It was about a 10x10 piece, I think. Next, I cut out all of the kids' monogram using the school's Cricut and the Plantain Schoolbook cartridge.(By the way, mine should be here today. So excited to play with it!) I can't remember how big the letters were, but pretty big to take up that big space. I then glued it all together. I used different colored brads in the corners of the green paper and punched out some little circles for a pop of color at the bottom. Punch two holes and string some ribbon through. All of them except one girl put their own touches to it. I'm glad they liked it.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...