Monday, October 18, 2010

Halloween Cake Stand


Today I have a Halloween cake stand to share with you. Okay, it's basically just a black cake stand, but I'll be using it for Halloween goodies. I'm also linking this up to Skip To My Lou's Made By You Mondays.

I've posted before about my obsession with cake stands and pedestals. Love 'em!!! Really! I do! The first thing my husband said when I made this one was, "Hmmm. So where are you gonna store that?" I guess he knows I'm running out of room because I have so many of them. But I couldn't resist making this. A black cake stand has been calling my name for a while now. I found a super cute one at Hobby Lobby, but didn't want to pay their price.......even with a half off coupon. So when I was in Wal-Mart I found black plates and bowls in their section with dishes and serving pieces. Best part, the plate was $1.75 and the bowl $1.25. Total price=$3.00! That's what I'm talkin' about! To learn how to make these easy cake stands go here!
When it was all dry, I tied on some Halloween ribbon to dress it up. I also see that this picture doesn't do it justice. The lighting is very bad, but trust me it's super cute!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...