Friday, October 1, 2010

Mantel Makeover-Halloween Style!




I love it when it's time to pull out the Halloween and fall decorations. It's so much fun! So last week I started making over my mantel for Halloween, trying to use things I already had on hand. I'm happy to say that I only spent $8 and most of that was on candy for the apothecary jars! I like the way it turned out and what I like even more is that I didn't spend a lot of money!
My three little goblins also love our mantel makeover!


I used a black frame I had in my stash and simply cut out a black #31 with my Cricut and applied it to the glass. My $1 black crowe and $1 pumpkin from the Dollar Tree go great beside it!
The apothecary jars are my kids' favorite thing about our mantel. Everyday my 3 yr. old asks me if I'm done with the candy yet. Nope, not yet! I made these a while back and love to use different fillers for them. For our mantel I went with( $2)candy corn and ($4)chocolate eyeballs. Eek!



I have had this set of three black frames from Target dollar spot stashed away in my loot for sometime just waiting to be used. I framed orange card stock and added the letters that I cut using my Cricut. To finish it off, I used a vase I had from Dollar Tree and filled it with some little branches I pulled off one of our trees and spray painted them black. Easy peasy!




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi there! I like your Halloween mantel, so fun! I'm your newest follower, have a great weekend. :-)

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Your mantel looks absolutely amazing! So decorated, but so NEAT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...