Monday, December 22, 2008

A Cookie Swap.......Kind Of


Last Thursday I hosted a cookie swap at my house. Well, kind of. I had planned on doing the cookie swap last Tuesday, but my daughter was sick, so I called everyone and canceled, but rescheduled for Thursday. I was quite disappointed that I had to cancel. Everything was ready for Tuesday. I had my red & white snowflake decor all ready. Along with little red place cards with popped up white snowflakes so everyone could write the name of their cookie and cookie cutter party favors to take home. But Laci comes first and she was so miserable, so we headed off to the doctor on Tues. and she was better by Thursday. Anyway, only one of my friends was actually able to make it on Thursday, which I totally understand. Some were sick and others already had other plans. Maybe I'll just have to do it again next year. We were few in number, but big on fun! We visited, laughed, played with the kids and tasted 4 different yummy cookies.

The cookies on the pedestal are Double Chocolate Oatmeal.



We sampled Chocolate Chip Pecan cookies and No Bake Cherry Crisps. Both of which were very good. The recipe for the No Bake Cherry Crisps is at the bottom of this post.




My friend, Mandy, brought these homemade Oreos with red and green centers, which were oh so good! Seriously, I ate way too many of them.




I hung glittered snowflakes with red ribbon from my chandelier that hangs over the table for a fun little touch.



I tied a festive cookie cutter to our Christmas card for a simple party favor. My guests or guest, I should say, also took home a cute Christmas container filled with a sampling of the different cookies


No-Bake Cherry Crisps
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 c. powderedd sugar
1 c. peanut butter
1 1/3 c. rice krispies cereal
1/2 c. maraschino cherries, drained, dried and chopped
1/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp. mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. chopped pecans
1 to 2 c. flaked coconut for rolling

In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and peanut butter. Stir in cereal, and cherries, chips and pecans. Mix well. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in coconut. Place on cookie sheets and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...