Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Vintage Valentines


Remember the valentines from when you were a kid? I do and I loved them. In my opinion, they were so much cuter and clever than the ones today. Last night I got out my husband's scrapbook from his childhood(I'm so glad his mom kept this so I can go back and look at his memories) and found these vintage valentines. These bring back memories. I actually remember some of these. I showed them to the kids and they thought they were "cool." They did recognize some of the characters on a couple of them like The Flash, Super Girl and Strawberry Shortcake. I especially love the clever little sayings on some of these like,"Let-tuce be valentines, Don't leaf me." It has 2 heads of lettuce on the card. That cracks me up!



These are two of my favorites from the ones in his scrapbook. The Strawberry Shortcake one says,"I like you a bushel and a peck." The other says,"I'll be yours if you'll be mine."
Of course, Will did have to tease me about remembering the little girls that gave him the valentines. That's okay, it was only second grade. Ha! Ha!



I also found these cute vintage valentine cupcake picks at Hobby Lobby. Aren't they sweet?!

1 comment:

Heidi Boos said...

Yes, I do remember these! Brings me back... I'm sure my mom has a few of these saved. The Strawberry Shortcake one looks familiar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...