Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday- Easy Whipping Cream Biscuits



Being a southern girl, I like a good biscuit. Being a busy mom and wife, I like that biscuit to be simple to make as well. So for Works for me Wednesday at Rocks in my Dryer, I'm sharing this easy Whipping Cream Biscuit recipe that works for me. My sweet friend and partner in crafting, Tammy,(Miss you! She moved in August)gave me this recipe a few years ago and I have been using it since. It's a great recipe for a made- from- scratch biscuit that is so simple. Really! You gotta try it. I try to plan out my menu so if I know I'm going to make biscuits , I'll have the two, that's right, two ingredients on hand.




I thought I'd also share my favorite way to eat a biscuit. That's with good ole Sorghum syrup. As far as I know, this is a southern thing. I've only seen sorghum in the south. I remember eating this at my papa and nanny's house all the time. Oh it's so good and comforting! Sorghum is similar to molasses, but lighter in color and a bit of a different taste. It's made from a different plant, as well. I've done my research. I was curious. Anyway, it is very good to me. However, my biscuits and syrup aren't Weight Watcher friendly, so I have to limit myself to one biscuit and a bit of syrup and then put it away! Try this combination sometime and see if you like it. Just an FYI, Cracker Barrel will bring out a little bowl of sorghum syrup if you request it with your biscuits there.

Whipping Cream Biscuits
2 cups self-rising flour
1 cup whipping cream

Combine ingredients, stirring with a fork until blended. (Dough will be stiff)Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 10 to 12 times. Roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter. Bake at 45o for 10 to 12 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen ( I've never gotten 12. I usually get 9 or 10 biscuits)

6 comments:

The Hat Chick said...

I may have to try these biscuits. We grew up eating sorghum or cane syrup or mayhaw jelly (my fav) on our biscuits. YUM!

Heidi Boos said...

Missy, delicious looking biscuits!! So glad you still give yourself the grace to eat one...that's how the WW plan works. You can't cut out everything you love completely, right? My family would probably love these! Forget the Pillsbury can!! :)

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

Wow, those sound great! I hope to try it-- I can handle 2 ingredients!!

Peggy said...

I HAVE to try these! Thanks for sharing!

Heidi Boos said...

Missy, it's me again...

I just wanted you to know that I gave you an award today...you SO deserve it! Thanks for always leaving comments and being such a creative blogger so I can come steal your ideas. ;)

http://blueeyedblessings.blogspot.com/2009/02/im-in-sisterhood.html

Anonymous said...

I tried the biscuits using whip cream and mine did not turn out well. I did exactly what the recipe said. Is there another ingredient that goes in?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...