Monday, April 6, 2009

Mini Strawberry Angel Trifles




Today I want to share yet another dessert with you. I guess I've had strawberries on the brain lately. We can't seem to get enough of them.

Angel Food cake is great served up by the slice with whipped cream and strawberries, but for an extra touch try serving up these Mini Strawberry Angel Trifles. They're really simple. Nothing fancy really, but I think they look fancy served up in cute sundae cups. I've talked about my fascination with mini and individual sized food before. I love making it!!! Love it!!!No exception here. This dessert is also light and refreshing. It's fairly low in fat. Like that!! Try serving up this simple dessert for your next "get-together" or for a family dessert.




Mini Strawberry Angel Trifles
angel food cake cut into small cubes
sliced and chopped strawberries
Light Cool Whip


In sundae cups or mini trifle bowls, layer ingredients starting with strawberries on the bottom, angel food cake, strawberries, cool whip. Repeat with another layer of each ingredient ending with Cool whip on top. You could also put in a sprig of mint for a fancier touch. (I never have mint, so I didn't do that.)

1 comment:

Heidi Boos said...

Delish! I love that you enjoy making things "individual style". It does make for a fun presentation! We had strawberry shortcake tonight...so I think we're both on a strawberry kick!!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...