Thursday, April 16, 2009

Take Me Out To The Ball Game




We took ourselves out to the Montgomery Biscuits second game of the season last Friday night. The Biscuits are Montgomery's AA baseball team. We had been looking forward to it all week. However, we knew the weather might be a problem, but it still hadn't even rained when we left so we thought we might be home free with the weather. Everyone was enjoying themselves. The kids were lovin' it. Even William, who is so not into sports, was into it. Okay, kind of into it. Trent even had his glove to hopefully catch a foul ball. Well, by the 3rd inning it started to drizzle, but we were covered somewhat by the upper deck. Wheww! Thank goodness. Then the announcer tells us their is a severe thunderstorm warning and to get to the concourse, but we didn't see any lightning so we just stayed in our seats. Fourth inning now, it is pouring, so the tarp comes out, we move to the concourse, wind is howling, the dippin' dots cart is blowing away and spoons are flying everywhere. I thought it was coming a tornado. I guess that's why they then asked everyone to move into the public bathroom stalls, which myself and the kids are crammed into with about 6 other people. Lots of fun!!! Meanwhile, my husband is where??? I dunno. Probably trying to take a picture of the tornado.

It finally calmed down and they suspended the game after 4 innings. I think we were all a bit let down, but we did have an adventure! I think we'll go back when the weather is nice and calm!



Laci wanted to know all about the game and what everyone was doing, so I answered a lot of questions that night. She also thought she needed to sample just about every food item they were selling, but that was not happening! Can we say expensive!! We got a couple things , but next time we'll bring our own munchies. I might have to have one of those chicken and biscuits they were selling. Yep! They sell biscuits at the Biscuits game.





1 comment:

Heidi Boos said...

Yikes! Crazy weather! I think I would have been a little freaked out...I'm a wimp! Glad you were up for the adventure and hope you get to go back to the ball park soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...