Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Magnetic Bookmarks



Another cute project to share today for magnetic bookmarks. This is another quick craft that I recently made with the after school kids at the middle school. I never really know how receptive they will be to my arts and crafts, but they loved this one! I'm glad I found it when I was browsing over the Family Fun website.

These are super easy to make! However, you can get as elaborate with the decorating as you want. The one in the picture is just a quick one I put together using markers, a felt flower and stick on rhinestone. I simply cut down the long side of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock for one bookmark(about 2 inches wide, I guess) and then fold that piece in half. Decorate. Then cut 2 small magnets and attach on each inner piece of the bookmark. Insert the bookmark on your page to mark and it doesn't fall out!! The school kids thought this was so cool. They decorated using the names of favorite books, teams or their name. A great activity for the kids!



1 comment:

Jason and Wendy said...

Wow, Missy, that is quick and easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...