Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Bowl Of Warmth


Yesterday it was so cold and windy outside. A perfect day for a bowl of White Chicken Chili to warm up inside.(Although, the picture makes it look more red than white) This chili is hearty and spicy. A little too spicy for the kids. My son said I should go lighter on the spice. I think I will next time. However, it did hit the spot for me! This is a recipe that I adapted from a Pampered Chef White Chicken Chili recipe. Try it for a different, lighter option!

White Chicken Chili
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion
3 grilled or boiled chicken breasts, chopped
1 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
2 cans Great Northern beans, drained
1 jar (16 oz.) salsa verde

Mix all ingredients together in slow cooker and cook on low 3 to 4 hrs.
You could also serve with sour cream and/or cheese.Yield: 8, 1 cup servings.

3 comments:

Sprgtime said...

Ohhhhh, I absolutely LOVE white chicken chili! Now I want some. :( So cold outside and chili is extra awesome when it's cold. And white chili blows all those other chili's away!

Heidi Boos said...

I've seen a version of this recipe and have been wanting to try it. I may show off my "not the best" cooking skills by asking this question, but when you say JAR of Northern Beans, where do you find those? The other recipe asked for the same thing, but I only found a bag of Northern Beans. Help...I really want to make this!

Heidi Boos said...

I re-read it...your recipe says CAN, so I would assume that it's with the other kinds of beans?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...