Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday- Foam Cookware Protectors



Rocks in my Dryer hosts a Works for Me Wednesday, so I thought I'd join in the fun! Check it out for some good tips and fun stuff! Thanks to Heidi for posting about WFMW, or I would have never known about it!



I want to share a tip I learned about not too long ago. A lady from my church told me about it when I saw her in a craft store one day. Go figure, me at a craft store. I visit them frequently! Anyway, she told me that her daughter uses foam craft pieces as pan protectors. I thought that was awesome since I'm always scrounging up some funky piece of cardboard to go between my pots and pans, which never really fits right. You can buy special protectors, but the ones I've priced are pretty expensive. I got a pack of foam circles for about $4.50. I didn't use all of them, so I can use the rest for crafts. Can't beat that!

The foam pieces come in different shapes, so you could use whatever you like. I chose circles. However, I couldn't find the really thick pieces of foam, so I adhered 2 of them together with sticky strip to make them a bit thicker. You could probably use glue dots or hot glue as well. I think they work best for saute pans. They will go between my bigger sauce pans, but not the small ones.Guess I should just cut them in half. I invested in a nice set of cookware, so I want to keep it in good shape. This is an inexpensive way to protect your pans from getting all scratched up. Try it!




Nope, that's not a purple pancake. It's the foam in between my pans.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cool idea, and something I would never think to do! Thanks for sharing.

Heidi Boos said...

This is the perfect tip! I'm so glad you decided to join in WFMW. I would be all over this idea if only I had nice pans I cared about. :) I guess it's time to get me some new ones.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I need some new pots and pans right now, but I'm sure I'll try this with the new ones!
-Kim

Tricia said...

Love this idea! I've got some craft foam left over from one of my son's projects...I'll be doing this soon.

I also wanted to let you know that I passed along The Lemonade Award to you tonight. You can head over to my blog to claim it if you'd like! :) Enjoy the rest of your week.

Jessica said...

Great idea! I got new pots and pans for Christmas and have been using hot pads to go between them but i like this idea better!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Great idea! Thanks for posting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...