Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My "Go-To" Crafty Products


Today I want to share some of my "go-to" crafting products. I find myself using these over and over,mostly on paper crafts, but on other projects as well. I've found all of them to be very helpful in my crafty adventures!



First, my tool bag. I love this thing! I found it at Michael's a couple years back. So glad I did! It has so many little places to hold a lot of stuff. Believe me! I've had this baby loaded down! There's even a zippered pocket underneath. I love that it's not too bulky, but portable. Mine has traveled to many a craft night. Let's don't forget the Crop-a-dile. A crafter's must have in my opinion. It will punch holes in just about anything. Aside from paper and card stock,I've done metal and leather and it cut through it like butta!



Moving on, glue dots and sticky stip (some call it bologna tape). I try to stay stocked up on these two items so I don't run out in the middle of a project. The glue dots are small enough to stick on tiny buttons and embellishments or use more for bigger items. They stick really well. I always use sticky strip when I am covering something like a paint can or just when I need a really strong adhesive. Try it.


Now for the paper piercer with the grid and mat. Paper piercing is just making little holes in paper or card stock for a decorative touch. It's really cute. You can even make it look like you sewed on the paper by connecting the little dots with a fine pen or marker. Love to do that! Before I knew about this product, I was making really uneven lines of holes on my paper. Really, it was sad looking. Then a Stampin' Up consultant told me about this. Where had you been all my crafty career?? This makes my paper piercing so much easier and nicer looking.And what can I say about Cutter Bee scissors? Their small and sharp. Just what a crafter needs. Get some!



Last, but not least, spray paint! I use it a lot. I've used it to transform metal, wood and plastic projects. Their is quite the collection of primers, colors and sealers out in our workshop. I've found the "No sanding required" spray paint to be good, too. I used it on my son's initials to go over his bed. The letters were gold, but after a couple coats of my trusty spray paint, black to go with his desk and ,hopefully soon, the dresser.(Note to self: make the "H" straight)
What are your go-to gadgets and tools?

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Great post! A few of my staple items for crafting are:
-spray paint
-hot glue gun
-paper trimmer
-E6000 glue (when hot glue isn't strong enough & it bonds just about everything together!)
-rhinestones and ribbons
I'm sure I'll think of more later, but I think you've convinced me that I do NEED a crop-a-dile now. :)

Heidi Boos said...

I would probably include my paper trimmer (small and large), ribbon, lots and lots of ribbon, adhesive tape, paper, and Modge Podge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...