Thursday, March 26, 2009

Birthday Oreo Ice Cream Pie



They say it's your birthday! Happy, Happy Birthday! Yep, yesterday my husband,Will, celebrated his B-day. Trent was the first one up to give him happy b'day wishes. Bright and early before he left for work! He said he did have a good day. Yay!I was planning on making him a special dinner, but that just didn't happen since I wasn't feeling so good yesterday. However, I did take him out to lunch at one of his favorite spots, Jason's Deli. Their muffeletta and strawberry shortcake are two of his favorites there. That strawberry shortcake is so stinkin' good. I had to remember that was for him and I didn't need to hog all of it. Anyway, later that evening we sang to him and gave him his ice cream pie, which I had made that morning. This pie has long been a favorite of his and since I hadn't made it in a long time, I thought I'd surprise him with it. He was pleasantly surprised! Everyone enjoyed a piece of this refreshing ice cream treat!

We rounded out the evening by playing with one of his b'day presents, which he has actually had for a few weeks, Rock Band 2! We get to have our own little band. Ivy even tries to get in on the action. We have a lot of fun with this game even though we skip over some of the songs because they are a bit too "heavy."We still get to let our inner "rocker" come out. Will and I both love the 80's songs on it.






And..... back to the pie. These are all the ingredients you'll need to whip up this treat in minutes.



Oreo Ice Cream Pie
1 Oreo pie shell
1/4 c. caramel ice cream topping plus 2 Tbsp.,divided
2 Tbsp. chopped pecans
1/2 gallon softened vanilla ice cream(I used all but about 3 scoops of the 1/2 gal.)
crushed Oreos

Pour 1/4 c. caramel topping in pie shell and spread over bottom of crust. Scoop out ice cream into pie shell, filling in empty spaces as you go. Sprinkle chopped pecans and crushed Oreos on top of ice cream. Drizzle 2 Tbsp. of caramel topping over top of pie. Cover.(I used foil since my little cover wouldn't fit over the pie) Freeze.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

YUMMY! Sounds easy I am going to have to do this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...