Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Little Chicken Pot Pie Anyone?



Last night I decided to cut my chicken pot pie down to size and make them little or individual sized. It was the perfect size for my husband and I and maybe just a bit too much for the kids. But everyone agreed on the cuteness factor. They are pretty darn cute! I'm definitely a fan of little individual sized food. I think it's because of how it looks and makes you feel like this is all mine!

Serving them individually helped us control our portion too. As I said, it was the right amount for us. When I make chicken pot pie, we tend to go back for more and more. I also tried to lighten my recipe up a bit by using lighter versions of a couple ingredients. I couldn't lighten up the pie crust, though. Hey, it's one of the best parts of the pie!




Individual Chicken Pot Pies
5 or 6 chicken tenderloins, cooked and chopped
1 can 98% fat free Cream of Chicken
1 can mixed vegetables or 1 small bag frozen that have been thawed
3/4 c. light sour cream
2 Tbsp. water
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 refrigerated or homemade pie crust( I use refrigerated)

Mix first seven ingredients together. Divide mixture between 5 ramekins or pour into one pie plate. Roll out pie crust and cut crust with a round cutter(I used a large mug) that is a little bigger than the ramekin. Top ramekins with crusts, laying the edge slightly over the edge of the ramekin,flute edges , cut 4 slits in each crust to vent and make a small hole in center of crust. For one pie, lay crust over mixture, cut slits and hole in the center. You can brush the crusts with beaten egg for a shiny crust if you like or not at all. Put ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 for about 30 mins. or until crust is brown. For one large pie bake for about 45 mins.


5 comments:

Mrs. L said...

Those are darling! I love chicken pot pie.

Heidi Boos said...

Mmm, mmm, mmm! I'm glad you didn't mess with the crust. I agree that IS the best part!

The Hat Chick said...

I have been looking for a recipe like this- thanks!

And I've told every mom I know about the "ears" on the juice box. Any suggestions for the bags? (Other than don't buy those kind 'cause they don't have ears)?

Katie said...

Hey Missy, just wanted to pop over and wish a belated happy birthday! Hope it was a great day and you got spoiled!

Heidi Boos said...

Me again...

Just wanted you to know that you have an award waiting on my blog. ;)

Hope you had a great weekend, and birthday, am I right??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...