Thursday, February 4, 2010

Apple Crisp Anyone?


Mmmm. Mmmm. Mmmm. Two words. Apple - Crisp. One of my favorites. I wanted to share this yummy recipe that I've been making for years. I got it from one of my mother's cookbooks when I was newly married. It is super easy and good! I love the flavors of the brown sugar and cinnamon and texture the oats and cake mix give it. Oh yeah. The apple pie filling isn't bad either. This recipe is a bit sweet so don't get too ambitious with your serving size(like I tend to do). I like to let it sit a little while after cooking so the topping has time to set and you can really taste the crispness of the apple "crisp." It's very good the next day as well. And with a big ole scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Oh my! Be sure to get the recipe below.

Apple Crisp
1 can apple pie filling
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. quick oats
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. yellow cake mix or 1 box Jiffy brand yellow cake mix
1 stick melted butter

Pour pie filling in 11x7 dish or square pan. Set aside. Mix brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and cake mix together. Pour evenly on top of pie filling, pat down. Pour melted butter over top. Be sure to coat as much of oat mixture as possible with butter. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...