Friday, February 12, 2010

Be My Valentine


Today I'm sharing a couple of ways to say "Be My Valentine." First, with a box of homemade candies for your sweetie. Now my husband would prefer a steak over a sweet any day, which he'll probably get to have this weekend. But, he does love him some coconut. So I made him these Coconut Joys, which taste like an Almond Joy, and I packaged them up in an old Ferrero Rocher candy box. I put them in mini valentine cupcake liners and made a tag to cover the old label. Ca-ute!


These coconut joys are very good and simple to make. Give 'em a try!

Coconut Joys
1/2 c. butter or margarine
2 c. sifted powdered sugar (I did not sift)
3 c. flaked coconut
1/3 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat or in large bowl in the microwave; remove from heat. Stir in sugar and coconut until well blended. Shape into 3/4 inch balls. Chill until firm.
Melt chocolate morsels in a disposable decorating bag in microwave at 30 second intervals, kneading morsels after each time until melted. Snip off tip of bag and drizzle chocolate over balls.You can also melt chips in saucepan over low heat.



This next idea is a great way for kids to say "Be My Valentine." They are Valentine butterflies made with a Tootsie pop. My daughter and I made these for her class mates. I saw this idea on Skip To My Lou. Just checkout her Valentine section for these. She even has printouts for the butterfly . Sweet! Laci's class mates will have to wait until Monday to get their Valentine. We have a snow day today! Yep! It's snowing in sweet home Alabama.

Come back tomorrow for a couple of last minute V-day ideas!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...