Monday, February 15, 2010

Sealed With A Kiss Centerpiece & Turtle Fudge Cake


Well, I said I would post some last minute Valentine ideas on Saturday, but it just didn't get done. So sorry if anyone came looking for those ideas. I know V-day is over, but I wanted to share this centerpiece I made for our Valentine table and a sweet dessert.

I made a special Valentine's dinner last night for our family and the missionaries from our church. Laci and I set a red and white themed table with this "sealed with a kiss" centerpiece. It's cute and easy. I just filled a vase with Hershey Kisses and then stuck some faux roses down in the center. It was a conversation piece for us, too.


For dinner we had homemade lasagna, salad, garlic bread and this little creation I call Turtle Fudge Cake for dessert. It's somewhat like Pampered Chef's Turtle Fudge Skillet cake, but it's not made in a skillet.... and it's bigger..... and fudgier. Okay, so maybe just a little like it.(I served it on my favorite red scalloped cake plate. It was so cute!) I thought we needed a decadent dessert since it was Valentine's day and this was definitely decadent. Very rich and chocolatey. I think this will have to be a special occasion cake.


To make this Turtle Fudge Cake, just bake a devil's food round cake, torte or cut each layer in half making four layers, and frost between each layer with chocolate icing. Melt 1/2 c. chocolate chips and 1/2 c. caramel ice cream topping in microwave for about 35 seconds, stirring until completely melted. Pour over top of cake. Sprinkle chopped pecans over fudge topping. Drizzle with warm caramel just before serving.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...