Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wood Name Blocks


Recently I came across this super cute craft while venturing around blog land. I loved this and knew I had to make it. Visit Creative Crate to see her original version. I'm glad she had such a great idea and shared it. It made the perfect gift for a friend that had her bridal shower recently.

I did change mine up a bit from the one she did,but not too much. I used a 2x6 and cut three different pieces to the sizes I wanted. I'm really not sure of the measurements for each piece. I kinda just used my preferred method of measuring which is "eyeballing" it. It helps if you have a table saw so you can rip the 2x6 to make the two pieces "arpenters" and "est.2010." If you purchase your board at Lowe's they can cut it for you at $.25 a cut. I sanded my pieces and then spray painted them porcelain satin(it's what I had on hand). Then I distressed the edges of the blocks by wiping on some black craft paint right along the edges and then wiping off the excess. I used my Cricut to cut the vinyl letters and numbers and then adhered it to the blocks. I thought it turned out pretty cute. Can't wait to make more for gifts and one for us. I think I want ours to say "A Family Forever."



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...