Monday, January 24, 2011

Cupcakes In A Jar


I have been seeing cute "cupcakes in a jar" in blog land for a while now. Have you? They are stinkin' cute! I thought my grandmother's birthday, which was Saturday, would be the perfect occasion to try them out. It was part of the lemon themed gift we gave her.

For this lemon version, I made cupcakes using a boxed mix. After the cupcakes were cooled completely, I pushed one cupcake into the bottom of an 8 oz. jelly jar,piped vanilla icing on top and layered another cupcake, ending with the icing. For more cuteness and flavor, I also used some Lemon Sprinkle from The Pampered Chef I had on hand to top off the icing. It's pretty good stuff, too. It tasted great on the cupcakes and would probably be good on ice cream, but I haven't tried that yet. It's finished up with ribbon and a yellow fork. I'm still not sure about the fork. Next time, I might leave it out. It just looks so huge to me.

I can't wait to make these for other occasions using different flavors! This would make a tasty Valentine treat!!....... Okay, think I'll have to do that! Enjoy!




3 comments:

chipsndip4ever said...

Hi Missy... New to your blog... but I love this idea and I really love the fork!!! Can't wait to try it!! Thanks for the inspiration ~ Tressia ~

The Mommy said...

love it!!!!

Renee said...

I've been wanting to try this. Super cute! It'd be a fun little gift to leave when you visit someone. ...Or even a party favor. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...