Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I {HEART} Zumba!

Looks like this is going to be a picture less post today. I can't get any picture I try to work! But I still want to tell you about something I've grown to LOVE......Zumba!! Yep! Love. It. I've been doing it since July 2010 and am still going strong in January 2011! I started out the first 4 months going 3 nights a week, but now only do it two nights. Still gotta have time for kids, husband, church,etc.

If you haven't heard of it or done it, Zumba is a latin inspired dance-fitness program that started in 2001 and has grown majorly in popularity. One of their slogan's is"ditch the work out and join the party." That's exactly what I did. I was working out before, but got so bored with it.Seriously. I did not look forward to it at all. No worries. My friend started up her Zumba classes shortly there after and it has been great! She is a very good instructor, too. She has great routines and gets us pumped up and moving!! Now, I can't say that I've lost major pounds, but I have lost inches. (Oh yeah!)Weird how that works, but I guess fat has turned into muscle. I can also tell that my body is more toned and firm.(My jeans look a lot better on me. Hahaha!) Another perk is that I have more energy. It's awesome! I think the best part is that I haven't gotten bored with it. I like to dance, and boy do I work my booty off in those classes,so this was a great fit for me! Give it a try if you get the chance.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...