Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tastes-More-Like-Kettle-Corn-Caramel-Corn


Hopefully the title of this post is not too confusing. I'm sharing a recipe today that was originally named "Caramel Corn."Not sure why it is named this cause it actually tastes like kettle corn,or at least to my family it does. So I cleverly,or maybe not so cleverly, re-named it "Tastes-More-Like-Kettle-Corn-Caramel-Corn." I have no idea where I got this recipe from, but I've had it for years in my file. We make it frequently for a family night treat or movie night and it's so, so yummy. We eat every last,little crumb, except the kernels of course.

I thought my kids would especially like it in these cute paper popcorn containers I found at Hobby Lobby a while back. I think there are 10 in each package and if you get them with a 40% off coupon, even better. I'm all about a deal. These striped containers would be great for a circus themed party or your next movie night. The verdict: My kids thought they were "so cute"in Laci's words, but would have gobbled up that popcorn just the same without them.

To make:

Pop two regular size bags of microwave popcorn(I used the 94% FF stuff) and pour about 1 1/2 bags out onto a sheet pan. You can use 2 whole bags if you have a bigger pan to use.
Bring 4 Tbsp. butter, 3 Tbsp. water, 3/4 c. sugar and 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon(I only use a 1 tsp.) to a rolling boil on medium high heat.Continue to stir while boiling about 2 minutes until mixture has thickened somewhat.Drizzle mixture over popcorn.(pic below) Delicately stir popcorn with two wooden spoons to coat with the butter/cinnamon mixture. Put into a 350 oven for about 5-8 minutes.

Remove from oven and cool. Be careful if you want to taste, the butter/gooey mixture is VERY hot! Enjoy your "Tastes-More-Like-Kettle-Corn-Caramel-Corn!"




2 comments:

Allison said...

Delicious! I tried it with the cinnamon then made a batch where I skipped the cinnamon and replaced it with a little salt. Delicious!

Missy said...

Allison,
I'm glad you tried it and liked it. I'll have to try it with the salt, too. It sounds good!

BTW, I tried to get to your blog, but I guess it's private. If not, let me know the address. I would love to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...