Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Strawberries & Cream Pie


Today I'm sharing a recipe for Strawberries & Cream Pie that is simply delicious! This recipe has been in my file for a while now to try.......and I finally tried it. It's a keeper! I love the creaminess of it with the fresh strawberries. Oh---and the graham cracker crust. Always a favorite of mine with cream pies! The recipe says to brush melted strawberry jam over the fresh strawberries, but I didn't do that. I wanted to have that fresh strawberry flavor, so I left them "naked." Also, just a note about the chocolate in the bottom of the crust. Next time I make this, and their will be a next time, I will omit the chocolate. It was a bit too hard to cut through the chocolate when I was eating it, so I'm just gonna leave it out. By all means, leave it in if you've gotta have your chocolate, but I think it will taste great without it, too! Recipe is at the end of this post!

Check out Mandy's Recipe Box for Totally Tasty Tuesdays, where I'm sharing this yummy dessert today!


Strawberries & Cream Pie

From: Taste of Home

1 c. semisweet chocolate chips, divided

3 tsp. shortening, divided

1 graham cracker crust

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

½ c. sugar

½ c. sour cream

1 tsp. vanilla

1 carton (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed

2 c. fresh strawberries, halved

½ c. seedless strawberry jam

In a microwave, melt ¾ c. chocolate chips and 2 tsp. shortening; stir until smooth. Brush over crust. Refrigerate until firm. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Arrange strawberries over pie. In a microwave, heat jam until melted; brush over the top. Melt remaining chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over pie. Refrigerate until chilled.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...