Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful

Grooms cake for my best friend, Becky, and her husband, Paul.

So you may be wondering why I'm showing you a picture of cake,huh. Well, as I was browsing through my pictures, I came across this and a few other pictures of cakes I have made and decorated in the past and was just thinking how thankful I am that I learned the skill of cake decorating. Now, I'm no Martha Stewart, but I do okay. My mother-in-law, Marlene, taught me some cake decorating skills when Will and I were first married. Thanks Marlene! I had iced cakes before, but never really knew how to do borders and other little tricks of the trade. Over the years I have learned a little more here and there. I don't sell cakes or anything like that. It's just fun to decorate a cake ,most of the time, except when you have little hands that want to get in the way. It has saved us a lot of money as well. I usually make all of the kids' birthday cakes so I don't have to run out and buy one. I'm really glad that I have been able to use this talent for other people as well. I think it's important for us to learn new skills and things that we will enjoy. In my opinion, that makes us happier and better equipped to serve others. I am thankful for this simple thing in my life, as well as the big thing that usually benefits from it. My family.




Groom's cake for my friend, Kathy, and her husband, Tomas.



Close up of my sister and mother's birthday cake. I learned how to pipe daisies for their cake.
It's so easy. I should have been doing daisies a long time ago.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...