Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cheesecake With Chef Laci



On Saturday, Laci went to her friend Althea's 6th birthday party, which was a cooking party. I thought that was a great idea! Wish I'd thought of it. She was so excited about getting to cook at the party. When I picked her up she showed me all of the goodies they had made. She had snack mix in a cute Chinese take out box, ice cream cone cookie treats and a piece of simple cheesecake. Can we say yum! She also had the c-utest party favors to take home. A chef's hat and personalized apron. How stinkin' cute is that. Knowing Althea's mom, I wouldn't expect anything less. She goes all out.




Oh, did I mention that her mom made the chef's hats and embroidered the apron's herself. I've been telling her she should start her own little business. I think she would do well.
The kids(and moms) loved the favors.





Yesterday Laci and I decided to try one of the recipes from the birthday party that she brought home, Cheeky Cheesecake. (Weird name for it. I'm not sure what cookbook it's from.) She had to get all suited up in her new attire. I think she's the cutest little chef I've seen! She's rockin' the chef's hat!



Here she is folding in whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture. It got a bit messy, but it's worth it for some delish cheesecake.



The finished product, Cheeky Cheesecake. It might have a weird name, but it turned out great! It was a quick little cheesecake to make that was also light, fluffy and delicious. We all enjoyed it for our family night treat! Great job Laci!

Cheeky Cheesecake (adapted by Missy)
butter or margarine to grease pan
1/4 c. butter or margarine
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c. sugar
1 c. confectioner's sugar
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c. whipped topping

Lightly grease the inside of a square pan with a little butter or margarine. Microwave 1/4 c. butter for 30-60 seconds until melted. Stir in sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Pour mixture into square pan and press flat with your hands. Next, combine the confectioner's sugar and cream cheese together until smooth.Gently fold in the whipped topping . Pour mixture over crust and spread with spoon. Chill in fridge.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...