Monday, June 29, 2009

Patriotic Star Sparkler Craft



I'm feeling very patriotic this week as we approach the Fourth of July holiday on Saturday. It just happens to be my husband's favorite holiday, so we try to celebrate all the way. This year we'll be in Louisville,KY visiting two of my sisters-in-law and their families for the fourth. We hope to take part in the city's celebration and catch their fireworks show.

This week I'll be sharing some fun patriotic crafts and treats with you. Today, I want to share a craft that I made last year. These tin stars for $1 each at Michael's got my crafty wheels turning. With a little scrap wood, a dowel, some hot glue and spray paint, I created these " Star Sparklers." It's a fairly simple craft that didn't cost very much either. I display these on our mantel with other festive decor like the pillow in the background. It creates a fun and patriotic display.

Come back and visit tomorrow for more fun, Fourth of July goodies!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...