Thursday, June 4, 2009

Our Visit To The Capitol Building



Last Saturday when my parents were down for a visit, we all decided to visit the capitol building in Montgomery which is only about 20 minutes from where we live. We have driven by it dozens of times, but I have never taken the time to actually walk around it. The lawns are nicely manicured, of course, and they have some interesting monuments around it, as well. Here, the kids are in front of this big bell. I never figured out what this bell is for. At first, I thought it was a recreation of the Liberty Bell, but it didn't have a crack in it. Not sure????




Laci is happy to pose for a picture in front of one of the monuments. I think it was a confederate army monument.




The magnolia trees around the grounds were very nice and had a few blooms on them.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...