Thursday, March 4, 2010

Goodbye Old Friend


Today I say goodbye to an old friend. Not an actual person, but to my trusty wallet." Why is she blogging about her wallet?"you might ask.--- I asked myself that, too. --Well, I just think it's interesting that I've had the same old worn out wallet for 13 years. Yes! 13 years! That's a year longer than I've been married. It has served me well through the years. I bought it at a Fossil outlet store near Park City, UT when two friends and I were on a trip there in 1997. That seems so long ago. It was a great deal at only $9. It's all leather, so I had to get it. This old wallet has seen many a purse, survived being left on a plane, weathered water from spills and much much more. It will no longer button and the zipper on the back is broken, so all my coins had to be put in with the paper money,but I still kept hanging on to this thing. Why?I guess because it still served its purpose for me and I really liked it.But, at last it was time for a new wallet.


Ta-Da!! This is the replacement. A nice shiny, new, green crocodile print wallet from Liz & Co., which I might add was on sale. It's all pretty and nice. I don't know what to do with myself. Ha! Ha! It does feel nice to actually have a place to store my change and this one even buttons!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...