Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My "Go-To" Dessert



This Strawberry Angel Trifle has become my go-to dessert lately. I've made it twice in the past week and would make it again in a heart beat. It is one of mine and my family's favorites. It's just that simple and classic combination of strawberries, angel food cake and whipped cream. I "go-to" this dessert because it's so simple to prepare yet so big on taste. If you find your strawberries on sale like I have the past few weeks, pick up an extra pack and make a trifle. You won't be disappointed. You could also make mini trifles. Go here to see them. Get the recipe below.




Strawberry Angel Trifle
1 angel food cake(already prepared or from mix)
2 small containers Light Cool Whip
1 lb. strawberries, stemmed and cut into pieces

Cut cake into slices and tear slices into small bite size pieces and layer in trifle bowl or large glass bowl. On top of cake pieces, spoon about 3 spoonfuls of Cool Whip or enough to cover cake pieces. Sprinkle a layer of strawberries on top of Cool Whip. Repeat layers ending with the strawberries on top. *In my opinion, this is even better when it has been stored in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.

1 comment:

JessieMomma said...

My 5yo son and I made this for FHE last week and it was a HIT!!!! He was in charge of tearing the cake and "slopping" the whip cream while I sliced the strawberries. This was a great twist on our favorite dessert, thanks for posting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...