Friday, March 26, 2010

Snacks and Scentsy



I recently had a Scentsy party at my house and got to see all of their great products and smell - a lot. If you're not familiar with Scentsy, it is a company that sells wick less scented bars ,plug-in warmers, room spray and more. It's pretty new to me so I wanted to check it out. I can't wait to get my products and start using them. I'm pretty much hooked on the Havana Cabana and Camu Camu scent. Love it! Do you have a favorite Scentsy smell. If so, I would to know what it is.Let me know in my comments. Thanks.

It's not a party without food, so on to the snacks! The party goers snacked on angel food trifle, fresh fruit, sugar cookie bites and party cheese log with crackers. You can get the sugar cookie bites and party cheese log recipes below. I LOVE the cheese log recipe. This was the first time I had made this recipe and it has a great flavor ....... or maybe I just love cheese period! Enjoy!



Sugar Cookie Bites
1 package sugar cookie mix
butter and egg to make cookies
Hershey's Kisses

Mix together sugar cookie mix, butter and egg as directed on package. Roll dough into walnut size balls and put balls into mini muffin tin. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. When done, push a Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie. Carefully remove each cookie bite from pan. You can also melt chocolate chips and drizzle over cookie bites.




Party Cheese Log
adapted from recipe in Costco Magazine
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp. chopped red bell pepper or pimiento
1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
4 tsp. lemon juice
dash of ground red pepper
dash of salt
chopped pecans for garnish

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and cheddar cheese with mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add bell pepper or pimiento, onion, W-sauce, lemon juice, red pepper and salt; mix well. Chill for several hours or overnight.
Shape the mixture into a log. Roll or press pecans on log. Serve with crackers.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I am a Scentsy consultant and stumbled across your page. The snack foods look yummy! If you ever need anything Scentsy, feel free to come to me! lindseypruitt.scentsy.us.

Enjoyed your blog post!

Lindsey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...