Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cheesecake For a Crowd




I have a great recipe to share with you today. It's Cheesecake For a Crowd! It. Is. Yum!
Now, it's not the traditional cheesecake you make in a spring form pan with 4 hunks of cream cheese, so don't let the name fool ya. It's a white cake with a cream cheese mixture on top, but still oh- so- good!

Like the name says, it does feed a crowd. You can get about 24 to 30 servings. I love having recipes like this that feed a lot op people in my file and have acquired quite a few of them now. This is great for pot lucks or parties. That's how I discovered this recipe. I first tasted it when a friend brought it to a bridal shower I was attending. I proceeded to find out who brought it and ask for the recipe.She was happy to share it with me! So, last week I took it to a potluck we had after church and every last bit of it was eaten! Happy Baking! --Recipe is at the end of this post.

I'm also sharing this recipe today for Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage.

The recipe makes 2- 9x13 cake pans! Cakes before the yummy ,topping goodness!

Cakes with the yummy, cream cheese topping goodness!


And the cake below with cherry pie filling, but use any kind you like;blueberry, strawberry, raspberry,etc.!


Cheesecake for a Crowd

1 pkg. white cake mix

1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened at room temperature

4 c. powdered sugar

1 pint whipping cream, whipped

2 16-oz. cans cherry, raspberry, strawberry or blueberry pie filling

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9x13 baking pans.Prepare cake according to package directions, and pour half of cake batter in each pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until cake tests done. Remove from oven and cool completely. Whip cream cheese and powdered sugar together until fluffy. Add whipped cream. Spread mixture onto both cakes. Spread pie filling on top of cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 24 to 30 servings.

3 comments:

Miz Helen said...

Hi Missy,
Your Cheesecake For A Crowd looks wonderful. What a great recipe for those covered dish events and when you are entertaining a crowd at your home. I will really enjoy this recipe this summer when I entertain almost every week end. Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Missey,
I am your 50th follower!
Hope you are having a great week end!
See you soon,
Miz Helen

Missy said...

Miz Helen, thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. I have wanted to share more things at Full Plate Thursday, but have been busy, busy! I do hope you enjoy this yummy dessert! Thanks for being my 50th follower as well! I look forward to browsing more great recipes on your blog! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...