Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cream Cheese Muffins


I hosted a brunch at my house yesterday for a few friends and I. It's always nice to visit with good friends while enjoying good food. We enjoyed fresh fruit, sausage quiche(find the recipe here) and these scrumptious cream cheese muffins. I discovered this recipe at Your Homebased Mom blog and knew I had to make them seeing as I LOVE most things that involve cream cheese.

The muffins turned out so yummy! They bake up really big and light. So good! I think Leigh Anne from YHM mentions that you must use cupcake liners. I followed directions and used them. Glad I did! The yumminess that is the topping will stick to the pan and you can't get them out very well if you don't use the liners. We wouldn't want that to happen. My friends enjoyed these light muffins with a cream cheese center, as did me and the kids. Definitely on my keeper list! Recipe at end of post.



Cream Cheese Muffins
via YHM blog,originally from Bake or Break

3 c. flour
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2/3 c. milk
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 large eggs
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners. Mix together the flour, 1 c. of sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl stir together milk, oil, and eggs. Combine with the dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened. Combine cream cheese and 1 c. sugar. Gently mix half of this mixture into the muffin batter. Fill muffin tins about 1/2 to 2/3 full with batter. Spoon the remaining cream cheese mixture onto the muffins, with the back of a spoon push the mixture into each muffin.

Topping
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter, softened

Combine ingredients. Sprinkle generously over muffins. Bake 24 to 30 minutes until golden brown.

1 comment:

Slice of Southern said...

I love muffins and these look...sinful!
Can't wait to try these out. Great recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...