Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One Smart Cookie


This year we have two girls that we go to church with that are graduating from high school and both of them are "smart cookies!" I had seen some ideas for "one smart cookie" themed graduation parties done with cookie buffets(which I'll file away for my future graduates), so I decided to do a gift version of that. I think it turned out darling!

We still gave the traditional card & money, but added a can full of cookies! I had two clear paint cans, which I found at Michael's, left over from my daughter's b'day party and they were just waiting for something fun like this. It came together very easy: I cut a 12-inch long by 1-inch wide piece of scrapbook paper and wrapped it around the center of the can, attached with sticky strip. The strip didn't go all the way around, so that is where I stuck my center "smart cookie" label. I made the label on my computer, printed it out and then punched out the center part with my circle cutter and then mounted it on a coordinating piece of card stock I punched out with my scalloped cutter. It also has the same type of label on the top of the paint can that says, "Way to go!"(which I, of course, forgot to get a pic of. I do that a lot lately) Then I filled it with my family's favorite chocolate chip cookies! It's just the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. We love those and have been using that recipe for years. I've tried many CCC recipes, but can't find one I like better. You can find it here! I'm happy to say these were a hit with the two graduates!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...