Monday, October 12, 2009

My Favorite Monkey Bread Recipe



Today I have yet another baked good to share with you. It's this delicious monkey bread. I have a few recipes for monkey bread and this one has become my favorite one to use. I don't have to thaw out any rolls to make it and it always tastes great! For this one, you just use Grands biscuits. How simple is that?! Will and I made it recently for his Friday breakfast day at work. It went over very well along with the sausage quiche he took with it. I'm sure the doughnuts and Hardee's biscuits that some bring in are good, but I told him he should go homemade all the way. Make this for your next breakfast or brunch day, but be ready with the recipe!



Monkey Bread
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cans Pillsbury Grands Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 c. butter, melted

Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease a fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray. In a large Ziploc bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan, adding nuts among the biscuit pieces.
In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in the center. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...