Thursday, May 28, 2009

Berry Yogurt Crunch Parfaits .....Made With Easy Granola



I have some easy and delicious recipes to share with you today. It's all about the granola. Now, I don't know if you're a granola fan, but give it a try and see what you think. I don't have it on hand all the time, but when I do I love to just munch on it for a snack. It would also be yummy sprinkled over oatmeal or how about this Berry Yogurt Crunch Parfait. I personally can't stand the taste of yogurt, but I made some of these for my husband and kids and they thought they were great. Looks like a new snack favorite...... and it's so simple to make and good for you!

The granola recipe that I use now I got from a friend at church. It turns out much better than the one I was using. The flavors of the honey and cinnamon seem to come out much more than my old recipe. As I said earlier, it's very tasty just to munch all by itself. Get the recipes below.




Berry Yogurt Crunch Parfaits
Easy Granola
Strawberry yogurt (or your favorite flavor)
Mixed berries such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries ( I used diced strawberries and blackberries)

In a small glass or sundae cup, layer ingredients, starting with yogurt, granola, strawberries, and blueberries. Make another layer ending with berries on top. Enjoy!




Easy Granola
3 cups uncooked oatmeal (old fashioned or quick)
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or slivered almonds
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. raisins (optional)

Combine oatmeal, coconut and nuts. Melt butter in a separate bowl and stir in honey, cinnamon and salt. Stir and pour over oatmeal mixture. Toss until well mixed. Spread on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. While baking, stir every five minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Add raisins. Store in a tightly covered container. Makes about 6 cups.

1 comment:

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

THAT sounds so yummy!
Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...