Friday, May 29, 2009

Apple Pie..... Mmmm! It's So Good



Today I have another recipe to share with you and this one is for good ole' apple pie. If you like recipes as much as I do, then you have quite a few apple pie recipes. I've had a couple of them flop, but the few others that I've tried are usually pretty good. So was this one. However, I'm still on the search for that "go to" apple pie recipe. I don't think I've found that one yet, but this one is good. Don't get me wrong. I guess I'm just too picky.



I did take a short cut with this pie, which I made for our Memorial Day dessert. I used refrigerated pie crusts instead of making my own. Hey, I'm not afraid to use a little help from pre-made ingredients. It tasted very good, by the way. I think I went a little heavy with the cinnamon sugar on top of the crust, but I like it that way. It was really good. Pair a hot slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for some Apple Pie a la mode goodness. You could also try it my favorite way, a nice cold slice from the fridge. So good!

If you think you have that "go to" yummy apple pie recipe. Please share with me in my comments!

Apple Pie
1 (15 oz.) box refrigerated pie crust
1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 egg white lightly beaten
1 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to 350.
Fit 1 pie crust into a 9 inch pie plate according to package directions.
In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Add apples, tossing gently to coat. Spoon mixture into prepared pie shell.
Place remaining pie crust over apple mixture; fold edges under and crimp. Brush pie crust with beaten egg white and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape. Bake for 45 minutes, or until browned.

Recipe from Paula Deen magazine

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...