Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday- Board Game Storage/Organization



It's Works For Me Wednesday at We Are That Family and I wanted to share how I store my board games. It works for me!

I store my board games, and we have quite a few of them since my family loves to play games, upright instead of stacked on top of each other. I store them very tightly so we can just pull one out and the others stay put. By storing them like this, we have so much more room to put them than by stacking them. . It's a good way to store a lot of games. I will say the pieces do get strewn about the box a little more, but hey, were just going to take out the pieces to play the game anyway. There are some games like Boggle and Mastermind that I still stack because they have so many pieces and I don't want to chance them falling out, but I only have a few like that.

I will say that this is not my idea. I saw my friend Kim storing her games this way years ago,but I didn't try it myself until recently. I'm glad I did. It gives me more space to store those new games we'd like to get. Thanks Kim!



3 comments:

Lori Watson said...

I have to reorganize my school/game closet soon. I may just try this idea! It seems like it'd be easier to take in and out as well.

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

Great idea! Thanks for passing the tip along.

Anonymous said...

You can throw all the pieces into a Ziploc baggie to keep them from moving around. Love your idea!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...