Thursday, May 7, 2009

Craft Challenge: Ribbon


Today is craft challenge time with Heidi at Blue Eyed Blessings. Her theme this month is ribbon.

Ribbon is so fun and versatile. It can dress up so many things, but today I wanted to share something new I learned how to do while visiting my friend Tammy. I learned how to make bows!! It's so fun!I'm so glad she taught me how to do this. We had a great time making these together. Since I have two girls, this skill will definitely come in handyand can we say gifts! Oh yeah! I'm sure I'll be making some to give away. I also made some cute flower clips that I'll be sharing later. I was also planning a tutorial to show you how to make a basic bow, but that will have to come later as well. Busy, busy, busy!






I'll also link you to another cute past ribbon project that was so simple. This embellished trash can took only minutes to complete. Great for a girl's room! Enjoy!

11 comments:

Katie said...

You are so right that making your own bows will come in handy! It's saved us a lot of money, since I can make several for the price of one set at the store. Plus they make great gifts. My friends all love getting them from me, and I even get some special requests for coodinating clippies now! It'll become addictive!

Katie said...

I bet you will quickly find yourself addicted to making adorable bows to match each and every one of your daughter's outfits.

Kelli W said...

Those bows are SUPER cute!! If only I had a little girl to put bow on!! I don't think my boys would be happy with bows in their hair!! I have a friend that makes bows and they always look so cute in her little girl's hair!!

Heidi Boos said...

What a fun new hobby you learned! ;) I leave the making bows thing up to my sister. I'm sure I could do it, but she's probably way better at it. I love the colors of the bows you made and will look forward to a tutorial...maybe I will try it then! I'm glad you also linked your trash can idea. I remember that one!

Thanks for coming to the party! I know you've been busy and I missed you while you were gone on vacation! ;) I hope to come back to check out your earlier posts. It's been a little busy around here, too, so I've been lacking in my visits to my favorite blogs. "See" you again soon!

Dawn said...

Cute bows! It is addicting-I love making them. Just wish I had more time :) Cute idea for the trash can-ribbon dresses up anything!!!

Carly said...

The ribbon on the trash can is so cute! I love the pink and brown ribbon...too sweet!

Tanielle said...

Cute bows! They are addicting to make!:-)

Amy said...

Wonderful. Stop on by tomorrow for my Round Robin if you would like.

Mama King said...

Very pretty! :-)

Xazmin said...

So cute...I love making bows!

Rhonda said...

I love the bows!! I would like to learn how to do that!! I have all boys, but I have 12 nieces!!
Hoping there will be a tutorial!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...