Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fancy Treats



Today I'll be sharing fancy treats from the party. I kept the menu simple, yet fancy and fun. We held the party in the afternoon, so I didn't need to feed everyone lunch. For the "cake" we had these amazing petit fours. The girls thought they were so cute. They were and they taste sooooo good. Seriously, I think I could have eaten the whole box of them. A friend of mine from church makes them and they are melt-in-your-mouth good. The best ones I've ever had! Let me just say, this was the first time that I didn't make one of my children's cakes for their b'day. Kinda sad, but I've attempted petit fours before and it did not go so well.



In the Fancy Nancy books and games, they eat parfaits. So, all the girls got to make their own parfait. They had an assortment of toppings; sprinkles, nuts and caramel that were held in cute little glass sundae cups.




The girls enjoyed the petit fours and ice cream, but I think their favorite thing was drinking out of the plastic goblets which I found at Dollar Tree. They were saying "cheers" and "pinkies out dahling." So cute!


The fancy words signs.



3 comments:

Katie said...

How Fun! I was wondering if you made those petit fours! I just tried making some for my Mother's Day Tea and um...yeah not so good! I wish I had a connection to tap into! Love the parfaits, great idea and really fits well with the stories! I love hearing how much they loved those goblets!

Heidi Boos said...

And, of course, this is the icing on the cake! I'm going to have to reread those Fancy Nancy books and maybe get Mikayla one. I think they are so cute! Love the little cakes and I KNOW if I tried making them, they would flop. And the parfaits? How fun!

Thanks for sharing all of the aspects of the party. It was fun to read!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

That looks like one really fun party! You are so creative.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...