Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Basket Cupcakes


Just thought I'd share one more treat with you before Easter. These little cuties are Easter Basket Cupcakes. I think big and little kids alike wouldn't mind these baskets for an Easter dessert!

To make them,I baked cupcakes using a boxed yellow cake mix(you could use your favorite). After they cooled, I frosted them with vanilla frosting I had tinted green with a few drops of food coloring. I also tinted coconut with green food coloring for the grass effect that I sprinkled on top of the frosting. I added three Cadbury mini eggs and then put in a chenille stem into each side of the cupcake for the basket "handle." Just remind kids that they can't actually hold their cupcake by the "handle" and to remove the chenille stem before they eat it!

I hope all of you have a very happy Easter!



1 comment:

Concetta said...

Hi Missy,
Just wanted to let you know that I made your Strawberry Cobbler from Lark's Country Heart's site - delicious!!! I posted it up on my blog today and shared all the credit with you and Lark.
Please come by at visit~
concettascafe.blogspot.com

Have a great day!
<><
Concetta

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...