Thursday, April 7, 2011
Struesel Apple Pie Minis
I absolutely love mini and individual desserts. They are just so cute and petite! Love em! So I came up with these adorable Struesel Apple Pie Minis. Bite size goodness..........well, maybe two bites! My family loved these!!
Get the recipe below and stop by Miz Helen's Country Cottage for Full Plate Thursday, where I'm sharing this as well.
1. Roll out one refrigerated pie crust until it's about a 13-inch round circle.
2. Cut out the crusts for your pies with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
3. Put your crusts into mini muffin tin, pushing crust up edges.
4. Fill cups with about 1 Tbsp. of apple pie filling. You could use a fresh apple filling, too.
5. Make struesel topping :
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. quick oats
1/4 c. butter, softened
Put all ingredients in small bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or fork until it is combined and resembles coarse crumbs.
6.Sprinkle struesel topping on top of pie filling. I didn't use a specific amount. Just enough to cover the pie filling. I did have some struesel topping left over, which would be good for muffins.
7. Bake pies at 350 for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield:24 mini pies